SWbc school assistance program
After much prayer and seeking God's guidance on how to minister during these difficult times one concern we are asking for the Lord's direction and discernment in is regarding the current situation with the schools not being conducted in person at the moment.
The staff at SWBC believe that the Lord is leading us to open the church for the kids to have a safe place to do their online learning programs. This is our attempt to project this need and is currently just an INTEREST CHECK for any child who would like to have the church be the place they can work on their online school activities, as long as they meet the following criteria
- PARENTS MUST BE A MEMBER OF SOUTHWEST BAPTIST CHURCH
- BOTH PARENTS MUST BE WORKING
- KIDS MUST BE WITHIN THE GRADE LEVELS OF K - 6
- ABLE TO PROVIDE A LUNCH AS WELL AS A SNACK
- MUST BRING ALL ESSENTIAL MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES NECESSARY FOR THE COMPLETION OF THEIR SCHOOL WORK
- PARENTS MUST BE WILLING TO SIGN OUR SWBC COVID-19 PROTECTION DISCLOSURE
- MUST BE ABLE TO HAVE A WAY FOR THE CHILD TO BE PICKED UP ANYTIME BETWEEN 3 - 3:30
We will be providing paid help to assure kids stay on task and assist the children when needed on the premises. There will also be an hour of Bible study and a time set aside for recreation.
As stated before this is only an INTEREST CHECK. We haven't set an exact kick off date as we're still in the middle of making sure the logistics and legal precautions are being properly made. But we think this would be a great time to get an idea of the need for this type of ministry within our congregation first, so please let me know if you are interested in utilizing this ministry for your children by simply texting me at (229) 309 - 3004.